Wednesday, November 16, 2005

And Now....On With The Show....


My GOD !!!!! That was a nightmare trying to get that damn virus out. I thought I'd never get back up and running. I contemplated just quitting all together and giving up my over priced internet connection completely.
Without going into boring geek speak details I basically had a nasty IRC Trojan file that more or less set itself up on the harddisk, I spent hours in safe mode working in the CMD mode to delete it all manually.
The biggest problem was the re-installation of the damn Windows SP2 and reconfiguring, I'm tempted to go Mac now, what a joke.

So....alot has happened over the last four days.
I had my phone interview...aced it. Had a face to face interview today and had an un-official offer of employment. I have a few background checks pending but the fact that the interviewer jumped ahead of himself and had me sign an offer is a fairly good indication that I will be in training next week. The total pay increase is over $13K, how could anyone turn that down. The damn call centre itself was like a palace, it's own little microcosm. Basketball courts, tennis courts, atrium, huge cafeteria with catered meals. I was completely blown away. They even had a fully equipped gym with on-site personal trainers not to mention a full spa and massage area....I can see myself being very happy in this position.
Things are coming together very well these days, I'm planning on quitting that craphole I'm in as soon as I get the good word. What a waste of 19 months, I can just imagine how long it will take now for me to get my remaining vacation pay and employee stock re-embursements back. Stay tuned, I still have lots of rants left for that place.

OK...I'll shuddup now.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Brian J. Hong said...

Wow, did you really chuck it out the window?