Saturday, February 25, 2006

Wake Me Up When February Ends......


Well, here I am again, sitting on the cusp of yet another snowstorm. It's kind of ironic that these damn storms always hit when I have to begin my 120 km trip to work the next day, what fun. It's not bad enough that I have to start my work week on a Saturday changing one of the best days of the week into the worst but I now have to leave even earlier. Oh well...it builds character.
I went and looked at some new cars today. I'm aiming for a sleek 2002 Honda Civic Si. I just have to land the financing now but the fact that I've started a new job 5 months ago is becoming a hindrance. Apparently changing jobs for a $13K pay increase is a bad thing. I seems I would be better off in a dead end, under-appreciated, underpaid job for 2+ years and barely make the payments rather than a job that satisfies their insane finance rates. I'll never understand banks. If I didn't have to have direct deposit to get paid I'd never deal with them at all. Keep it all under the mattress and never pay another horseshit transaction fee again. I dunno, I'll have word by Monday or Tuesday.
So...as the rest of the world gets ready to go out and party all night I must go to bed and prepare for the mother of all snowstorms and the journey ahead. What will happen next....an earthquake......imagine that, I just learned there was an earthquake just outside of Ottawa tonight. I better quit while I'm ahead.
OK....I'll shuddup now.
Cheers.

No comments: